Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finally!

3 posts in one day? Unheard of!


Well, I've finally gone and done it. I have put out the plea to meet my idol. Let's hope this works.


Here's what I sent to Peter's "people":


I am writing this letter in hopes that I can obtain backstage passes or access to a meet and greet for the Peter Frampton concert on October 24th at the Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, Florida. It has been a dream of mine since childhood to meet one of my musical idols.


I’m sure you receive many such requests, and I probably have the (requisite) sob story, but you never know until you ask, so here goes.


My 40th birthday is coming up on April 22 (which, ironically, is the same day as Peter’s). My aunt (who, when I was ten, bequeathed me with her copy of “Frampton Comes Alive”) gave me the best birthday gift ever by purchasing me tickets to the above mentioned gig (which will mark the eighth time I’ve been blessed with the chance to see him perform.) It would mean the world to me to get the chance just to say “hello” and snap a picture with him (and get my coveted copy of “Frampton Comes Alive” signed.)


I am a freelance writer and maintain a blog, http://framptonformy40th.blogspot.com, dedicated to all things Frampton. Please let me die a happy woman and grant this small request.


Thanks for reading and please pass my warmest wishes (and hopes for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!) to Peter.


Cross your fingers for me!

No comments: