Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Peter Frampton In the News

I was sent an email from my old friend Eddie Haskell today, linking to an article on MSNBC. You can see the article in its entirety here, but here's the highlights...

Peter Frampton's star is a safety hazard?

LOS ANGELES - Hundreds of stars on Hollywood's "Walk of Fame" are to undergo a much-needed $4.2 million makeover to repair cracks and holes ahead of the 50th anniversary of the beloved tourist attraction.

Many of them -- including those for "Dynasty" star Joan Collins, Humble Pie singer Peter Frampton, actors Walter Matthau and Burt Lancaster -- have been deemed potential safety hazards to pedestrians.

I like how they listed him as "Humble Pie singer." Some news intern at MSNBC did a little Googling, me thinks. At least Peter made the headline over Joan Collins.

If I ever win the lottery, I'll personally fund the repairs of Peter's star. Isn't there some caring fan in the LA area who can do a bit of star maintenance? The star is located at at 6819 Hollywood Boulevard, so if you're in the vicinity, give Pete a little love, 'kay?

No comments: