Friday, September 28, 2007

I Hate the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Ok, the nominations for this year's inductees into the R&R Hall of Fame are here, and once again, Peter has been DENIED! He's been eligible since 19-freaking-97. What's going on? I'm sure this year's nominees are SO much more deserving than Peter. Let's see who they are:


- John Mellencamp - yawn. Hasn't had a good song since he was John Cougar.
- Beastie Boys - ok. I do like the Boys, but before Peter? I don't think so.
- Donna Summer - I'm not going to dis my gal Donna, but does disco really have a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Besides, "Frampton Comes Alive" came out before "Last Dance."
- Chic - see comments above
- Afrika Bambaataa - I only know one song by him (and James Brown)
- Leonard Cohen - I wouldn't know him if he showed up at my doorstep and said "Hello. I'm Leonard Cohen."
- The Dave Clark Five - c'mon, we're really making Peter's snub obvious now. How about inducting Herman's Hermits while you're at it?
- The Ventures - who?


And..wait for it...


MADONNA! That washed-up, fake British-accent-having slag is getting in before Peter. It's an outrage people, I tell you! Who wants to go to Cleveland and picket the place? Who's with me? Oh, and happy Frampton Friday.

1 comment:

Adrienne Saia said...

Leonard Cohen is kind of like Bob Dylan... a poet who's had many other people with better voices cover his songs, but still remains the hallmark of a generation of the music industry.

I'm a Recapper too and stumbled on this... good luck with your quest :).

Adge