Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ft. Myers Concert Recap

Well...of course, my efforts to get backstage were thwarted (and I even carried my original "Frampton Comes Alive" cover all over the Mann Center - to no avail) but, Peter put on a phenominal show. Maybe it was because he had the previous night off, thanks to Florida's cranky climate (when are city leaders around here going to learn that hurricane season isn't a real good time for outdoor events?) or maybe it was because he's just brilliant, it was the best of the 7 gigs I've seen (and I'll add "so far" here.) The band was tight (a lot of new faces, including a drummer from Ft. Myers) and the sound was great. Peter sang some old favorites I hadn't heard live in a while (like "I Wanna Go to the Sun") and featured more from "Fingerprints" than the last time I saw him. (I was expecting the same set list as the last time I saw him on this tour - in Orlando - so I was more than pleasantly surprised.) My only criticism was that we couldn't get up and dance in the aisles. Pretty subdued crowd (especially the couple next to me - who must have been recently embalmed or something.) I have a few (bad) pictures, which I'll post later. I woke up the next morning - without a wine glass - with a sore throat and a warm and fuzzy feeling. Can't wait for gig number 8!

No comments: