Friday, April 6, 2007

The Set List

The story so far...Peter Frampton...my 40th birthday party...an impossible dream. Scroll down to see what I'm talking about here.


If I do get Peter to play at my party, I'd love to have the dream set list. But how can you choose a mere 20 or so songs from an incredible catalog? I do have my favorites ("Frampton Comes Alive" of course, but my favorite studio album is the underrated "I’m in You") and, surprisingly, I also love the hits (I can never, ever hear "Baby I Love Your Way" enough. It’s even the ringtone on my phone.) Here's what I've got, so far:


Won’t You Be My Friend? (I’m in You)
Tried to Love (I’m in You)
Rise Up (Breaking all the Rules)
Cornerstones (Fingerprints)
Verge of a Thing (Now)
Flying without Wings (Now)
Doobie Wah
Something’s Happening
Golden Slumbers (can’t not hear a tune from SPLCHB)


And...of course...
Penny for Your Thoughts
Show Me the Way
Baby I Love Your Way
Do You Feel Like We Do


Did I forget something? I'm sure I'll change my mind along the way!

1 comment:

Challenger said...

How about "Out and Back" from Fingerprints? I turned 50 last year, and that was my dream...to see Peter perform. I hope you're luckier than I was. I didn't get the pleasure of seeing him. But, I will THIS year!